Attitude Determines Altitude.
The Platanos Trust is a family of schools with common goals. Our intention is to raise standards and to prepare pupils for the particular challenges of the 21st Century. Society is changing rapidly and it is essential that our educational institutions are able not only to keep apace but are in a position to lead.
We stand for high standards of behaviour and achievement, academic rigour, personal responsibility and leadership, self-discipline and mutual respect. The Trust has created opportunities for thousands of children to experience excellent teaching, to achieve high standards beyond all expectations within a stimulating curriculum that stretches them academically, and develops their skills and intellectual curiosity for life.
Rooted at the heart of the community, the Platanos Trust is transforming the aspirations and lives of families through the education of their children regardless of background. We have an unshakeable belief in our pupils. We know that this work is vital, not only to the individuals and families involved, but also to enabling the UK to remain an economic force in a rapidly changing and increasingly global marketplace.
The Trust provides a strong partnership based on shared values, expertise and resources, excellent communications and bespoke services and support.
The Platanos Trust’s successes have been brought about, and are characterised, by planned strategic management, a strong and flexible curriculum based on knowledge and skills, rigorous self-evaluation and monitoring, high-quality staff training, management development, staff empowerment through coaching and professional improvement, together with the active assumption of a leadership role by pupils.
Transformation has been achieved without altering or replacing the socio-economic profile of the families who make up the school communities.
PRIMARY EDUCATIONAL VISION
- We want to develop successful, confident individuals who are responsible, effective contributors to the school community, their families and wider society.
- We want pupils to be happy and successful at school, to be skilled, thoughtful, well-mannered and to love to learn.
- As inclusive, caring schools where every child is important, we recognise that all children have talents and abilities to encourage and celebrate. We support a strong community spirit where we show consideration and respect for each other, we understand and value differences and uphold kind, courteous behaviour.
- We want to challenge and develop our children to be intellectually curious, autonomous learners who are inspired and stimulated through a rich and varied curriculum appropriate to each individual’s needs. We develop children’s learning by setting high expectations and exacting standards, teaching and reinforcing the skills, which form the foundation for successful schooling and lifelong learning.
SECONDARY EDUCATIONAL VISION
- The Platanos Trust community of schools will exist and work for all pupils and learners. We have an unshakeable belief that we can make a difference. We are committed to changing lives with high expectations of all in our community.
- We prepare pupils and learners to take advantage of learning opportunities throughout their lives and to rise to the demands of academic rigour, high standards of scholarship, further and higher education, as well as in their future careers.
- We believe that every learner can succeed and we challenge and support them to reach their full potential. We offer all learners a rounded education to meet the challenges of an ever changing society.
- We raise the aspiration of learners to ensure that they achieve beyond their expectations and play a valuable role in the world.
- We celebrate success and encourage pupils and learners to take part in and enjoy learning and life by stretching the abilities of all. All areas of our community of schools will work together with shared and consistent values.
- We are proud of the cultural diversity in our schools and encourage tolerance and respect for each individual. We link our schools to other cultures and communities throughout the world.